Talking with Tom Ahern in his hometown of
FOSTER, RHODE ISLAND
NONPROFIT STORY TOUR - EPISODE 11
How to connect with donors through direct mail.
In today's episode you'll meet Tom Ahern. He is one of the most sought out donor communications writers in the world. He's also a best selling author. If you've been in fundraising for a while, then you probably have one or more of his books on your shelf.
You are going to learn a lot in this video. So grab a pen and paper and take notes.
Here's what you'll learn:
- How to make your direct mail letters feel personal
- Why direct mail fails, and what you can do to improve your response rate - raising you more money
- What a holocaust survivor can teach you about what humans need
- You'll learn how to conduct a "YOU" test
- And you'll also learn what makes Tom break out in a cold sweat
You'll get an inside look at what Tom does as he sits down to write one of his famous appeal letters.
Watch the video below.
If you haven't signed up for future episodes of the Nonprofit Story Tour, please do so. Sign up below the video.
Learn how to tell better stories and connect with donors.
Come to this year's Nonprofit Storytelling Conference
WATCH ALL THE EPISODES
If you haven't signed up to receive each of the Nonprofit Story Tour episodes, please do so. Use the form below.
In each episode you'll discover storytelling strategies and techniques you can use to better connect with donors and supporters. Become part of the Nonprofit Story Tour family.
Sign up today.