Nifty Fifty Fridays
50 Ways to Thank a Donor
No donor has ever said “Please stop thanking me!” But you want to make sure you’re thanking sincerely and in a personalized way – especially for major donors. As you’re looking over this list of 50 ways to thank a donor, don’t forget to showcasing the impact the donor’s gift has made. If you want to learn more about thanking and stewarding your donors, come to the Nonprofit Storytelling Conference!
1. Send a personalized thank you letter.
2. Call to express your gratitude.
3. Send a handwritten note.
4. Share a video message from a team member or beneficiary.
5. Send a photo of your team or a beneficiary with a note.
6. Include a mention of them in your organization's newsletter.
7. Thank them publicly on your organization's social media platforms.
8. Dedicate a blog post to them.
9. Send a personalized thank you email.
10. Create a "wall of fame" in your office for your donors.
11. Invite them to a special event.
12. Give them a tour of your organization's facilities.
13. Offer a small gift of appreciation.
14. Dedicate a project or initiative to them.
15. Name a scholarship after them.
16. Offer them a special title or role within the organization.
17. Include a thank you note in your annual report.
18. Host a special dinner or gathering for your donors.
19. Provide regular updates on how their donation is being used.
20. Create a donor appreciation video.
21. Include a special "thank you" in your organization's merchandise.
22. Dedicate a day to them on your social media platforms.
23. Feature them in your organization's promotional materials.
24. Design a custom "thank you" infographic.
25. Send them a custom "thank you" artwork.
26. Ask beneficiaries to send them a personal thank you note.
27. Have volunteers thank them personally.
28. Send them an annual "impact report".
29. Organize a "thank you" flash mob.
30. Include them in your organization's "thank you" song.
31. Create a personalized "thank you" banner on your website.
32. Send a postcard from your organization's location.
33. Create a "thank you" mural at your organization's location.
34. Send a gift card to a local business.
35. Invite them to a virtual meet-and-greet with your team or beneficiaries.
36. Offer a workshop or class exclusive for donors.
37. Mention them during a public speech or event.
38. Organize a volunteer event in their honor.
39. Set up a regular "thank you" breakfast, lunch, or coffee date.
40. Name a room or building after them.
41. Publish a "thank you" ad in your local newspaper.
42. Make a "thank you" craft with materials related to your mission.
43. Plant a tree or dedicate a garden to them.
44. Provide a donor appreciation certificate.
45. Develop a custom "thank you" game or puzzle.
46. Organize a surprise "thank you" party.
47. Offer a special discount on your organization's merchandise or events.
48. Send them a book related to your organization's mission with a thank you note inside.
49. Invite them to speak at an event or to be part of a panel.
50. Simply show up at their door with a smile and a heartfelt "thank you" (respecting privacy and safety guidelines).
Like what you see? Get Nifty Fifty Fridays delivered right to your inbox!
Click the green button to sign up.